engine weight and trailering....Bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine weight and trailering....Bushing

One dealer had a rubber bushing in a fiber tube that was intended to slip over the port trim shaft during trailering to support the weight of the engine and take pressure off of the trim motors and seals. The Yamaha part indicated that the trim locks on the heavier engines were not intended for use in trailering, only service.

Another dealer said the bushing was only for smaller bass boats and mid-sized engines.

Cannot find the part on Yamaha parts site? I am positive that it was packaged from Yamaha with their part number and logo.

Anyone have the real story. The first dealer sold the one I indended to buy after removing from my box of stuff to be installed during repower.

Why not ask the dealer that had it and sold it.
    I have seen after market ones but do not remember what the names were.

Comment

It will work on all models that have the trim rams on power trim unit.
      Part number is MAR-MTSPT-YM-08(if part number doesn't come up on web site call boats.net at 877-408-1499 to order)
      MARSPTPYM08 Trailer support.JPG
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Boats.net.......can you confirm this doodad is suitable for trailering and not just for storage please?

I love google.....pricey little bugger @ $60+ clams....a competitor in GA has one for $42 clams and change.
        Yamaha F115 Jet Accessories, Yamaha F115 Jet Outboard Trailering Support

NOTE: For F115 ~ F250 four-stroke and all 70 ~ 300 two-stroke models, always install the outboard trailering support on the port side trim rod. If placed on the starboard trim rod, there may be interference with the swivel bracket grease fitting.

NOTE: Yamaha Owner’s Manuals caution that an additional support device(s) must be utilized when trailering and not to rely on the outboard’s tilt support lever. This tilt support lever is provided for use only during maintenance, service procedures and storage and is not designed to properly support the outboard during trailering.
        Last edited by marcortez; 04-25-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Don't know what motor you have but if has the short trim rams then it will work.
          We have them for $47.37 each
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X