Gauge Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge Replacement

I have recently joined this forum after purchasing a 1998 Parker with a 115 2s Yamaha with oil injection. I have been in the process of trying to replace the sun faded gauges. I have a new gauge kit (6YR-W0035-F1-00) and am having difficulty getting the correct wiring harness to connect the tach, spedo is installed and operating fine. My dealer said I needed a wiring harness and gave me one (6Y5-85335-00-00) which I installed and it did not connect everything that needed to be connected. The trim sensor is not working and the wires that connect it to the guage are not able to be plugged into the tach. I am getting a bit frustrated and need a bit of help getting this figured out. Before I start splicing wires I need to know if I have the right harness and if not which one(s) do I need.

boats net will answer that he is full bottle on this

Comment

If the gauge kit you is that part nmber(6YR-W0035-F1-00) then it will work but if that kit is a 6YR-W0035-F2-00) then it is for 2005 and newer motors and will not work on your motor, you can make it work on 2001-2004 motors by using a adapter harness but Yamaha changed the trim senders in 2000 from a 3 wire sender to a 2 wire trim sender so the new gauges wont work.
      The tach and wire harness is the difference, you will need
      6Y8-8350T-82-00 Multifunction Tach
      68F-82553-90-00 Trim/Oil harness(has two square connectors on each end)
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the response.

OK, So is the F1 kit still available or do I need to buy a seperate tach kit and spedometer?

Comment

Thet are not available from Yamaha,We don't have any more left in stock.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X