Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 vmax wont fire/Really worried! Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 vmax wont fire/Really worried! Please Help!!

I have a 1998 225 yamaha vmax that sat up for about 2 years without being ran. I recently had the fuel pump replaced and it cranked right up took it out the next day ran kinda bad at first guess it just had to get the bad fuel out of its system. Rest of the trip it ran perfect. I ran it on the boot the other day it ran fine for 10 minutes then it killed. Now it won't start it will only tunover but not fire. Fuel pump is running and pumping fuel to the injectors but the injectors don't seem to be spraying fuel bc my plugs and injectors are dry. Could the injectors just be clogged or could one be bad? Would one bad or dirty injector keep entire motor from firing. Or could it be my worst fear a bad ecm???? Im really worried bc ive heard that the vmax is notorious for the ecm going out and if it does ive heard that a new one cost nearly what a brand new motor cost!!!!! Someone please give me some advice and reasurance on what could be wrong.

do you have spark
    is there fuel in the vst , ( the place where the fuel injector pump lives )

do you have fuel pressure .

i doubt the ecu unit has given up the ghost

Comment

I have to check those things out. I'm not the one actually working on it my close friend is he's a diesel mechanic not a boat mechanic but he's pretty good he just told me he's having trouble figuring it out so i wanted to get some suggestions. i'll have him check those things out i want to say he told me that there is pressure in the bulb. He tried to run it on a separate tank bypassing the the ball and the separator and still it wouldn't fire. He checked the pump and said it was pumping but the fuel wasnt getting to the plugs and cylinders. I think his next step is to clean out the injectors and put a test light on them and the ecu. Do you think we are heading in the right direction? Does the ecu require a special meter to test it. He is also the one that told me the vmax is notorious for the ecu going out. Thanks for your help Mitch it is much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X