Bent Prop Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Prop Shaft

I believe I bent my prop shaft on my brand new F-150. Any estimates on cost for the repair? How many hours of labor should I expect to have the shaft removed and then reinstalled?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

What about insurance ?

Comment

How did you bend the shaft ??

Comment

Contacted my agent, they are going look at it next week.
        Hit a stump in the lake, I was only going around 8 mph.

Comment

What is the tolerance amount for a bend in the prop shaft. What is the cut off point recommended for replacement over straightening of the shaft?

Jerry

Comment

Also, any idea on cost difference between straightening or replacing the shaft?

Comment

Chief

How bent is the shaft is there oil leaking from the seal ? what happened about the insurance ...... a new shaft is about 230 bucks
              have a look here and find your model you can find the price of a new shaft but you will also need new seals.

You sure the shaft is bent and not just the prop wobble

Comment

The shaft was out of alignment by 40/1000's of an inch. Found out the shaft replacement, repair to the prop and labor will be around $650.
                Fortunately insurance will cover the entire amount. Now I just need to wait for the repair. Kinda aggravating since I only had about 4 hours on the motor.

Stay away from the underwater stumps!

Comment

Sound like a reasonable out come shaft is reasonable cheap some shafts are real scary up to 1500 bucks now that would hurt.

Comment

Working...
                  X