01 150 HPDI Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 150 HPDI Problem

I just installed twin 150 HPDI'S, used. I went to start them today> the stbd motor started great. Went to give it gas, it bogged like it wasn't getting enough fuel. Stalled, started, same thing. Went to start it again, all I get is a click.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!I can also be reached at lmh229@hotmail.com

Check all battery cable connections are clean and tight, load test battery to make sure ok.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Still no go

I checked the cables and battery, all tight,batts charged. What about the lack of power??
      Last edited by Boatdoctor; 04-15-2010, 06:10 AM. Reason: forgot word

Comment

150 HPDI speedometer

Do the 01 150 HPDI's have a speedometer pickup or do I have to install a transom pito pickup???

Comment

Those engines have to have 10 volts at engine to run, the HPDI models have a overrev in neutral feature so if you are tring to rev up while in neutral it will limit the rpm's.
          Check compression, fuel pressure and fire at spark plugs.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

150 hpdi problems

I checked everything. The starter turned out to be bad.Thanks for the help.

Where is the speedo hook up????

Comment

Yes that have the speedo pickup in gearcase, should be a small hose in cowling that is connected to gearcase that you can connect your speedo hose to.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I looked all over the gearcase. I cna't find the pick up tube for the speedo. I pulled off the cowling just under the main cowling. I saw the shift shaft and that was it> Can I just put on a transom mount pito tube?? Thanks for your help!!!

Comment

Yes you can install one on transom and connect speedo tubing from gauge to transom mounted pickup.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you so much for replying. I can finally finish the boat from hell!!!, I should say the owner, not the boat

Comment

Working...
                    X