'99 Yamie won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Yamie won't start

I have a '99 200 EFI Yamie. I just pulled it out of storage. She fired up right away and ran great for about five minutes and then just stopped. Can't get it re-started. There was no pressure at the bulb, so, I replaced that and am still getting no pressure. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Betcha LP pump with bad diaphram or a leak in the fuel line somewhere.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Disconnect line from motor and pump bulb to see if it is moving fuel. Block off line and see if it firms up when pumped, if it does then like Tucker said it has to be going somewhere and if you do not see it coming out anywhere then it must be going into the crankcase from the pumps. If it does not move fuel and firm up then look at the supply side of the system, tank, bulb, and lines for air leaks or blockage/ restrictions.
      Last edited by 99yam40; 04-13-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

clogged vent

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.
          I'll take the hose tonight and try it.
          I haven't played with the vent before. I guess it is as easy as removing the line. I will try that tonight too.

Comment

I removed the vent hoses and still had no pressure at the primer bulb. Next, I put in a plug after the primer bulb and the bulb did get firm. What should my next step be? Thanks.

Comment

I've replaced the primer bulb, fuel filter, and all three fuel pumps. Still no pressure in the bulb. I can't figure this out, does anybody have any other suggestions? TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisV View Post
                I've replaced the primer bulb, fuel filter, and all three fuel pumps. Still no pressure in the bulb. I can't figure this out, does anybody have any other suggestions? TIA.
                I have found that some of the newer bulbs are difficult to use . Try to hold the fuel line and bulb vertical and pump and see if it will work . Also get a tote tank with some fuel in it and mount it up high above the motor on something and pump the bulb . The system could be just air locked some where .Once primed the bulb will be ok but once it gets air inside the line and bulb the balls in the two valves gets stuck for some reason and do nothing ,so it wont pump . To check the line cut the connetion off the fuel line a little away from the snap on fitting to the motor and pump the bulb and see if it will draw fuel from the tank , if it draws fuel then refit the snap on connection to the hose with a ss hose clip and put it on the motor and prime the system , the bulb will take a few pumps and should be hard and then the motor should fire up almost straight away .Maybe !! Check the fuel flow direction on the bulb !! it has 2 arrows and they should be facing the motor !!

The motor probably fired up and ran on what fuel was in the system and stopped once it was dry !!
                Last edited by tunnels; 04-23-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

the problem turned out to be a bad anti-siphon valve

Comment

Working...
                  X