No announcement yet.

F225TXRC Water Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if any one would know what the pigtail connected to the Fuel Pump Driver and Isolator circuit might be. I do not see it in the TXRC wiring diagram. ,but it is in the TXRD and later parts list. I believe it is called a lead wire assembly. I have no clue what it is for.

Thanks ****
    Last edited by rpambrun; 06-18-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

seems to me, I asked the question some years back;
      but I can't say I recall the answer!
      I have a "feeling" it is there to prevent "electrical interference"

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
        seems to me, I asked the question some years back;
        but I can't say I recall the answer!
        I have a "feeling" it is there to prevent "electrical interference"

I recall reading something that says that you are probably correct on that. That little black box looks like a capacitor of some sort. The more I fool with this motor, the more I feel I have a Frankenstein motor on my hands. The wiring harness is one they used in a 2003 and this gadget shows up on 2005 and later diagrams, but not in the 2004, but oh well, as long as it gets me to a good fishing hole, who cares.
        Last edited by rpambrun; 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I guess if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. After failing my leak test 10 days ago, I took the power head off again and removed all the parts, got new gaskets and put everything back together again carefully torqueing everything according to the SM and the recommended sequence around the exhaust tube where the water was coming from. I felt confident that the problem was solved and even put the silencer back on. So before putting the LU on, I decided to hook my hose to the water tube and once again a nice stream of water was coming down the muffler from the exhaust tube where it bolts onto the oil pan. Everything in the mid section is new except the bolts. I am really at a loss on this. It is leaking from the same place as before.

I don't know what kind of pressure or volume the impeller pump puts out, so maybe the garden hose with it's pressure and volume is just too much for it. I would think that with all the bolts and fresh gaskets that it would take a good bit of pressure to compromise the gaskets. Probably just wishful thinking
          Last edited by rpambrun; 06-19-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rpambrun View Post
            before putting the LU on, I decided to hook my hose to the water tube and once again a nice stream of water was coming down the muffler from the exhaust tube where it bolts onto the oil pan.
            I'm not following what it is that you are able to see
            Do you have a photo or video?
            difficult to believe that you have "leaking gaskets" or an improperly assembled joint...

here is what my F225txrd look like with a hose connected to the water tube

https://vimeo.com/262303086

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

I'm not following what it is that you are able to see
              Do you have a photo or video?
              difficult to believe that you have "leaking gaskets" or an improperly assembled joint...

here is what my F225txrd look like with a hose connected to the water tube

https://vimeo.com/262303086

The video shows the stream of water coming out of the muffler. There appears to be a leak about where the lower exhaust guide attaches to the upper guide.

https://vimeo.com/275872510

Comment

bummer.

Comment

Working...
                X