Very slow.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very slow.....

Everytime I stop in to visit there are at least 100 guests and a couple members. I guess the history and advice given is so good that further explanation is not needed. And you wonder why bullets, horses, fences and brussel sprouts come up.

I like brussel sprouts!!!!

And Oldmako's pics!!!!
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

don't forget about smoken meat (BBQ)

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        don't forget about smoken meat (BBQ)
        Damn right. Got to think what I need to thaw for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by dray0151 View Post
          I like brussel sprouts!!!!

And Oldmako's pics!!!!
          Yes fresh Brussel sprouts just boiled enough to still be green and not mushy, with butter. Delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post

Yes fresh Brussel sprouts just boiled enough to still be green and not mushy, with butter. Delicious.
            Brussel sprouts. Isn't that the term for baby cabbages?

When I was growing up I hated most all vegetables. Why? My mom cooked the hell out of them. They were all mushy. Hardly recognizable.

Now I like most all vegetables. Definitely with butter. Or bacon.

It was not until I left home that I realized that a steak could be cooked anyway but over done.

Comment

Brussels,steak and boiled red taters with sour cream and butter. almost as good as a slow cooker full of corned beef,cabbage and taters.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Damn right. Got to think what I need to thaw for tomorrow.
                Did 2 racks of pork ribs yesterday
                got to take some with us when we head back up to the farm to cut some more of those t***** trees.( trees with thorns)
                found out the bad ones are Honey Locust I believe.
                nasty thorns on them things

Comment

Did 2 racks of pork ribs yesterday
                  got to take some with us when we head back up to the farm to cut some more of those t***** trees.( trees with thorns)
                  found out the bad ones are Honey Locust I believe.
                  nasty thorns on them things
                  Amazing what a weed wacker or Roundup spray would have prevented years ago. People get older and most likely can’t find anyone willing to do anything for a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Amazing what a weed wacker or Roundup spray would have prevented years ago. People get older and most likely can’t find anyone willing to do anything for a reasonable price.
                    neither one of those will do much good on trees ,even young ones.
                    we are using Remedy and diesel on the stumps cut at ground level on the mesquite and other trees.
                    even the wild grape vines, but not sure how effective it will be on the ones over 4" diameter
                    found one Honey Locust tree along the creek that has to be 24" diameter.
                    that must be where all of the small trees came from.
                    seeds scattered by floods or animals
                    I will try to post a pic of the thorns on the locust I found on line

Last edited by 99yam40; 04-22-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Apparently, your right to enjoy a peaceful and piercing free breakfast at Waffle House is not as important as some other guys right to walk in and shoot you.

I like mine chunked and peppered. 3, over easy. Hold the toast. And Keep the coffee comin', Hon.

Welcome to 'Murica.
                      Last edited by oldmako69; 04-22-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                        Apparently, your right to enjoy a peaceful and piercing free breakfast at Waffle House is not as important as some other guys right to walk in and shoot you.

I like mine chunked and peppered. 3, over easy. Hold the toast. And Keep the coffee comin', Hon.

Welcome to 'Murica.
                        Mako - you on the wrong thread maybe?

Comment

neither one of those will do much good on trees ,even young ones.
                          we are using Remedy and diesel on the stumps cut at ground level on the mesquite and other trees.
                          even the wild grape vines, but not sure how effective it will be on the ones over 4" diameter
                          found one Honey Locust tree along the creek that has to be 24" diameter.
                          that must be where all of the small trees came from.
                          seeds scattered by floods or animals
                          I will try to post a pic of the thorns on the locust I found on line

I was mentioning keeping the fence cleared from the beginning. Not after all hell has broken loose 15-20 years later. That tree is evil.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post

Welcome to 'Murica.
                            The constitution, the amendments and bill of rights are all just bull shit. Or we the people are.

The constitution gives us some (arguably debatable) rights to own some guns of some kinds (maybe just bb guns or cap guns) whereas the constitution does not mention the Waffle House.

Have you been in a Waffle House lately? The prices are outrageous. High enough to drive someone to shoot up the place.

Comment

I think Mako thought he was in The Bilge. Over at TOS.

Comment

Working...
                              X