Recrutits for the service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recrutits for the service

We are screwed, all the recruits that are trying to join the militery are getting turned away cause they are too dumd, too fat or not good enough grades in school.

In a vague kind of way, our Police force kind of headed that way, in years gone by, to become a cop, there was minimum standards of size, education and various other prerequisits, but in this day of political correctness, anti discrimination and so on, just about anyone can join the Police, right or wrong? not sure.

Comment

No problem. Let anyone into the service no matter their condition. Once they are out, two years later, they can then start claiming disability benefits for their "service connected" ailments. For the next 50/60/70/80 years. Never having to work again.

If transgender the VA can pay for their reassignment surgery.

Open up the government printing presses and start handing out the moola. To any and all. The whole world. We can do it all.

The deficit and the debt do not matter any longer. Let the good times roll.

In 1960 something a man said "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". Now it is "ask what your country can do for you, you don't need to do squat for the country".

Comment

I made my sone join the marines after he got out of school in 2000. Then 911 happened and I was a mess. He was in air wing [hairer jets] and got pulled to MP duty guarding the entrance in to the base. He did one tour to afghanistan and 4 tours to iraq.

Comment

I tried to join after 911 and the recruter laughed at me and said we need you at home.

Comment

It's a difficult thing what kind of person do you recruit . You want them to have special "extraordinary" skills, a particular mindset that takes orders and executes without error. It is often accepted that you don't want smart people because smart people will follow their own picture of what should be and not the "employers" big picture.
            The dumbing of the police force was to do two things. Enable a larger pool to select from so there is never a shortage of recruits. And to have a broader cross section reflecting the actual community numbers, which enables them to be more accepting from the community because they can relate better. Of course this lessened tensions between them, but at a cost to their ability to perform adequately when the inevitable "ugly" dirty work needs to be done.
            There is no doubt all servicepeople and police people will eventually suffer from some form of post traumatic stress (emphasis on post). This is because they are "overloaded" by events, situations etc. that a human does not generally feel comfortable about.

Comment

It's interesting the Freudian slip in the heading, and how what we call nine eleven was the distress phone number before that event it is now more promomently refered to as.

Comment

you guys are royally whizzing me off.
                I served with some of the sharpest folks you guys would ever known had yall had a set.
                I scored an 80 on my AFQT and a 98 on the ASVAB. not an idiot.
                I did almost 6 yrs in the USN going from E-1 dumbass to E-5 dumbass.
                I was medically retired with a service connected disability. the Dr's now seem to think it was a reaction to a vaccine given during the run up to dessert storm.
                BE&E school I scored a 98.
                FC(A) school I scored a 98.5 top of my class.
                FC(C) school for CIWS I scored a 98 top of my class.
                how would yall think the USN recruits cave men ?????????

Comment

hey, he said they are turning away lots of people that are trying to get in,
                  I think that says they are looking for the best, not taking just anyone
                  but the word all in his post does bother me

Comment

How come Rod thinks I called him dumb? I'm talking about what is going on today.
                    seen this on fox news yesturday. Didnt meen to affend anyone.

Comment

First the Army wanted me in 1967. I stalled them until the Navy took me in 1968.

This is proof that they had very low standards even back then.

I am saddened somewhat seeing that aging veterans are now begging the government for stuff. Veterans once were full of self pride, resourcefulness and independence. Many are now just beggars. But then also so are many others that are not veterans.

The government seems prone to shoveling stuff to beggars to keep them quiet.

Comment

99yam40 what are those red bars that you are accumulating under your details? Are these strikes when full what happens?

Comment

I have no idea, but if you hover over them it says I will become famous soon enough
                          Last edited by 99yam40; 02-21-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

It means you have two more fences to clean out.

Comment

Actually once we finish the one we are working on we do have a cross fence that is overgrown, but I am not too worried about cleaning that one up, just getting all of the perimeter fences good and getting ride of the mesquites in the pastures
                              might just spray it and let everything die and rot right were it is.

I took a pic or 2 last week, need to down load and post
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 02-21-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X