No announcement yet.

2002 90HP Overheating at low RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found in the past most yamaha's will over heat if the exaust ports arn't covered with water.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      I don't think water should be coming out of there while running. Wasn't there another OP recently with this observation? There may be a problem where the tube connects to the pump. The rubber grommet/seal. Now that I look again, seems to be more 2 stroke oil than what might be "normal" in the first pic.
      Yep, wasn't long ago, exact same thing.

Turned out the seal was missing (I believe) at the top of the water tube (as I re-call, closer to the powerhead)..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

What do the two stroke guys think about the oil? Different issue?

Comment

Well, that small drip must be coming from the power head lower cowl...

Sounds like a small oil leak somewhere finally made it south...
          Scott

Comment

Yes a guy a while ago had same problem...missing seal on water pipe. I wonder if that little damper seal is also missing, allowing exhaust to come around the water pump and getting mixed in with all the leaking water that is supposed to be going up the pipe to the engine???

Comment

Comment

Why are my pics so small???????^&&*%$%^$#^&^

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                  Mines Bigger!

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott...I do not know what I am doing wrong wit the pictures...will figure that out later.

I wanted to tell the OP to look at items #1,2,3,4,14, 15 11 and 10. Make sure all are there.

Comment

Thanks Scott...I do not know what I am doing wrong wit the pictures...will figure that out later.

I wanted to tell the OP to look at items #1,2,3,4,14, 15 11 and 10. Make sure all are there.

No problem...

I simply go to the parts site, "snip" the pic.

Then upload to Postimage, (size 19" screen). Copy and paste "the link for forums"
                      Scott

Comment

go hunt another wabbit or chase a different ghostie. water coming out at that point in the pic is normal.
                        do make sure that all the water tube seals are in place and the housing has ZERO melt damage.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                          go hunt another wabbit or chase a different ghostie. water coming out at that point in the pic is normal.
                          do make sure that all the water tube seals are in place and the housing has ZERO melt damage.
                          Who the hell knows? Lower unit still on the last I read.

Comment

Thanks, folks, yes I have not pulled the lower unit. I am waiting on the housing - impeller parts to arrive. I did spill some oil when refilling more than once so the oil could be that issue. Good to know that water out of that point is normal.

Comment

Pic size is based on the size of ones hands. Or member. Here's mine.

Comment

Boscoe if your member is that large how do you walk around?
                                Dennis
                                Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Working...
                                X