Add trim gauge to new Yamaha 4-stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add trim gauge to new Yamaha 4-stroke

Recently purchased new boat with new Yamaha 75 4-stroke. Boat has Faria gauges and Faria makes trim gauge to fit. Problem is I can't locate any trim wire from engine to dash even though trim sending unit is in place on engine. Dealer says I must either buy harness or make one. He showed me engine in his showroom and pointed to connector wrapped in yellow tape and said that was the wire (pink), but when I looked at my engine there are two pink wires with connectors inside the tape.
    Anyone know - can I indeed make connector or do I need to buy one?

Faria wiring diagram only shows one wire from sender, plus 'hot' wire from ignition, ground and lighting connector which can be connected from panel.

You can buy a harness, 6Y5-83653-10-00 and install in off white colored square 4 prong connector on engine and run up to gauge, change connector on pink wire in Yamaha harness to fit sender terminal on Faria gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Looking for connector you described.

Thanks for the response. I cannot find any four prong white connector. The only thing close to that is a dark grey connector near the front of the engine.

There is a white connector on the starboard side, behind the oil dipstick that is fastened to the engine. Could that be the one you are referring to?

Comment

It should be in same holder as main harness(10 pin harness), may have waterproof cap on it and it's off white colored.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ordered harness

Thanks again...I think the connector I described earlier is the one and I just ordered the harness. I understand about the pink wire going to the Faria 'sender' terminal, but will there be detailed wiring instructions regarding the other wires in the harness?

Comment

They are for connecting to the Yamaha gauges with warning indicator lights.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Great information!

Received harness today - installed everything - works like a champ!

Thanks for your good info.

Comment

Working...
              X