Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator Pump

F40 TRLD. 2005

Had the carbs rebuilt two years ago. Since then, hole shot has sucked. Dealer worlthless. So, never working on carbs before, I took on the triple carb. Was able to diagnose that the accelerator pumps on 2 and 3 were blocked. Way to do this is take off the silencer and rev in neurtral really hard. You will see a needle coming out of the side of each carb body. That is where the engine gets it additional fuel for the hose shot as air moves faster than fuel. So #1 was good 2 and 3 shot. Tore down, got rebuild kits, soked each carb for a day. Wanted to make sure they were good and clean. Yamaha wants everyone to ultrasound clean them. Convient as only the dealer has that and they want to do the whole job. Dealer said I would not even get it started. all put back together, started instantly. took a little bit to sync the carbs, ect. Now time for the big test...2 and 3 still not working. Friend who works at a Yama dealer told me that he just got back form school and they taught him out to drill out that jet. How convienent. Have not figured out if I am just telling the world or if someone else knows a good next step for paying for another crappy rebuild.
Working...
X