Yamaha 100 4 stroke gone under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 100 4 stroke gone under

3 days ago my boat with a 130 working hours working yamaha went under the water (seawater). Stayed under for about 3-4 hours before I pulled it out. Straight away I washed it with fresh water and next morning took it to the yamaha workshop. There they drained the oil (had water in it) put fresh oil new oil filter and new set of plugs and started the engine. After 20 minutes the same again new oil filter and plugs this time they cleaned the carbs as well but with out taking the apart just with air and petrol while still on the engine. Nothing else apart than some spay WD 40 all over. They give my the engine back and told me to run it in the sea for 5 hours and then change oil and filter again.
    Next day I put boat in sea and runed it for abou 1 hour it started beautifully but after the 1 hour it started misfiring and backfiring looked at sparks and all for cylinders are firing but no 1 is not working. Does it sound like dirt in carb or could it be something else ? Did they do what they should do at the workshop ?
    (I forgot, they also cleanned all fuel lines)
Working...
X