Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35hp outboard starts to die at full throttle only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35hp outboard starts to die at full throttle only.

35hp outboard starts to die at full throttle only. It seems like when I run with the throttle in the 90% position there is no problems. When I run at a 100%after a while of running it dies. This is a rebuilt 35hp 1984 model outboard. This is very difficult to troubleshoot. I did not replace the reed valves or the fue pump on rebuild. The motor cranks first time cold with just a slight choke time and at 90% throttle runs like a sewing machine. New fuel tank and fuel lines. I really think it has something to do with the fuel pump not keeping up at the 100% RPM rate. When it dies it does seem to start to run rough a little.
    I think I can pull the throttle back if I catch it in time and it will recover and I can run at 80% then but I cant prove that. The problem is too intermittent to make that kind of analysist. Also the first time is did that I was not sure what to do to get back to dock so I just kept hittling the little choke switch beneath the keys and it would smooth out for a short while and then I would have to hit it again and simply keep repeating that all the way back to the dock. It seems now I just do not run at 100% but I want to fix the problem. I am sure I am not giving enough detail here, but if any tech or anyone has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
Working...
X