Experts Please Help Oil Gauge Issue, 90 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts Please Help Oil Gauge Issue, 90 HP

OK Experts, I can use your assistance…this is a tough one … I posted a message like this last year with less detail. Since last year I have had an oil gauge/sensor/electrical issue, not sure what the problem is. It’s a 90 HP 2 stroke. Engine runs great and it is getting oil. Dealer mechanic tried to help but no value… Dealer told me it was the gauge… it is not the gauge. I swapped it.

Anyway Oil indicator will not go to green on the gauge when oil tanks is full. It is stuck at yellow. I have replaced the sensor last season, no change. Yesterday I swapped the entire tank with another sensor. Still no change... Then I replaced the multifunction gauge, no change….

I was able to confirm that if oils drops to a very low level, the indicator will jump to red and alarm goes off so I an good there. I confirmed this when swapping the tank to the empty one.

At this moment, the installed tank is full and should be pointing to green.

There are only 2 wires to the gauge directly from oil sensor on the engine, they are good and were also replaced last season. I am thinking it must be a wiring issue at the engine, BTW all related connections have been checked… What can I do next?

This is a silly thing, I will always be suspect since the warning system only partially works. This will drive me crazy this season. Ideas please

Thx
    Jon
Working...
X