Blowing fuse when turning off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing fuse when turning off

Hi, I have a 91 yamaha 130 tlrp. My boat partner went out today, and the 15 amp fuse(goes to starter soleniod and apparently trim and in bundle w/20A fuse on larger wire). kept puking either while running or when key was shut off . Got a muffled alarm and 1500 rpm mode with adequate oil in both tanks. Control box was new along w/oil tank/thermostats/thermoswitches(rubber),tach, impeller/gear oil. It was in last week for timing/carb adjust as the shop that put the motor on/rebuilt carbs this spring has been known for missing things, and it was running rich and fouling. Yamaha mechanic readjusted everything and it ran perfect last 4 trips and got much better gas mileage/less smoke. (will talk on monday, but there are salmon and crab tomorrow if I can figure this out tonight). I had also purchased from yamaha a thermosensor which I could never find on my motor(at least where book shows it, and asked tech to install(still don't see it and assume he didn't). Starter works fine, batterys charging,sparked right up 10 times in driveway w/o blowing fuse. Any ideas on what could be causing/where to start checking would be appreciated..the trusty 88 seahorse 8hp saved the day for the 10th time today(old chrysler 140 being the reason for the other 9.sincerely tom
Working...
X