Command Link Gauges in Southport 28 TE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Link Gauges in Southport 28 TE

I've have a Southport 28TE (2006) with L/F225TXR (Serial 69JX1022212K and 69K10066842K outboards). It had the older non-Command Link gauges (round). I installed 3 CL hubs, 1 (engine) 2 (console) as I'm using 4 gauges. I fished all the cables successfully (fun), have all connections made except I cannot find the power plug at the ignition switch to hook up to as shown on the rigging illustration.

As it turns out, I also connected a Lowrance NMEA 2000 to CL hub interface to get data to my displays (Garmin 741XS's)... As the power to the NMEA 2000 hub was already connected, once I connected the cable, now the gauges all come on without the CL bus bar power lead connected (apparently being powered from the NMEA 2000 backbone. I'm still in the process of getting the gauges set up *(resetting engine numbers) as my port engine does not show RPM when running, but the Stbd does. Here's the question??

Can I power the CL hub off the NMEA 2000 backbone, a power bus bar or does it need to go to the ignition switch?

Will this cause too much power draw?

Hope there's someone who's run into this..

Charlie
Working...
X