2005 F115 power loss problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F115 power loss problem

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. My 2005 F115(four stroke) loses power while on plane.

PROBLEM: While at normal operating temp, the engine just shuts down and comes back down to idle, never shutting off, but has no power. It skips for a few seconds and then corrects itself when I put it in neutral and then in gear again.(It will actually correct itself while in the process of coming off plane if I return it to neutral then slamming it back full throttle again) There is also an alarm associated with it but nothing shows on the gauges, so I have no idea what the alarm is telling me.

HERE IS WHAT HAS BEEN DONE:

DEALERSHIP #1: Sea trial, and of course couldn't duplicate the problem. Put the diagnostic computer on it and nothing(so they say) They apparantly found a loose wire under the console and said the problem was fixed...it wasn't

DEALERSHIP #1 2ND VISIT. Diagnostic with no results and a sea trial that couldn't duplicate the effect. Replaced fuel water seperator, fuel filters, checked the plugs, made sure the fuel bulb wasn't collapsing. None of this helped.

DEALERSHIP # 2: Sea trial that actually duplicated the effect. Per Yamaha tech advisor, replaced the fuel injectors that they claimed were corroded and the impeller. That still didn't fix the problem.

As a result of these people giving me the warm fuzzy, I keep running the boat and now I get blue smoke on start-up. It does go away but it is a new phenomonon that I am very concerned about.

I now have an appointment with DEALERSHIP # 3 and pray the damn thing doesn't blow up while testing it.

ANY SUGGESTIONS I CAN TELL THESE PEOPLE?

BAD GAS?
    IGNITION SWITCH?
    WATER IN FUEL?
    DEMONS FROM HELL?
    Lee
Working...
X