Primer bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer bulb

Purchased a new form this site Fuel pipe assembly for my 04 F115tlrc, kit that comes apparently is a superseding part number that has clamp on fittings that I do not see how they will install on my existing fuel lines. Ordered the other week and thought I was just sent the wrong part and shipped back for 17.00 but now I get the same part back.
    Ordered 6Y2-24307-50-00 and am told it was replaced with 6YL-24306-64 that has the clamps on each end of the fuel line that needs a solid fitting to clamp onto????? I think the new number was made for later year models? Thoughts about how to connect this to existing fuel line.
    Dennis
    Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Pics attachced of the new bulb and the old one on the boat.
    Attached Files
    Dennis

Comment

The new bulb has that connector on both ends of the line i could cut the line and try to tear the compressed clamp that is on the new bulb at each end of the bulb and then try to clamp the end of the bulb to my line but one of my lines I thin is a bigger diameter line than this new part. May have to put an extra fitting on that line?
      Dennis

Comment

I am lost looking at some parts diagram on newer engines like 2006 I see maybe a pipe joint fitting that these new funny ends may clamp onto?

The newer engine has additional parts 6R3-24377-10-00, Damper 689-85547-00-00 and cover 68V-24452-00-00
        On a previous post about fuel pipe joint there was mention of male connectors that look like they were made to fo on the fuel how and connect to this new connector as it is a female connector see attachment.

There was a part number for the male of 6YL-24304-01-00 but it is marked as obsolete
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dray0151; 06-30-2017, 06:02 PM.
        Dennis

Comment

question for Boscoe the keeper of all the info

Boscoe are you aware of part numbers to hook this new and improved primer bulb and female connectors up? Seems I need some male connectors that can simply hook into a fuel line on each end and then into this new and improved female connector but I see no part numbers.
          Dennis

Comment

West Marine has some choices for you

Comment

The primer bulb isn't a critical manufacturer's specific part. I suggest getting a quality ethanol rated bulb configured to your convenience. Here's an idea, but a bit pricey IMHO. https://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Marin.../dp/B000MTB7GK

If you need a primer bulb, I suggest inspecting the rest of the fuel system for degradation. For me, replacing the entire system including tank was cheaper than a failed trip.

Comment

***Holy Smokes: $36.99 for just a primer bulb...!!!
                Last edited by RoundPonda; 07-01-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoundPonda View Post
                  ***Holy Smokes: $36.99 for just a primer bulb...!!!
                  B O A T is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand

Comment

Is there an acronym to describe the sorry nature of boat trailers?

Comment

Working...
                    X