Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID'ing a part

Hey Everyone,

I've tried searching in vain to find the name of a part I need to replace on my outboard. I own a 1997 Sailfish 198cc with a Yamaha 115 hp 2-stroke ob.

Unfortunately, I have had trouble even identifying the model of my motor due to the model number being worn off the nameplate (see picture below). I have had success in the past in finding parts ("Yamaha Genuine water pump kit" 6N6-W0078-02) just by narrowing it down based on the year, horsepower and fact that it is a two-stroke. Unfortunately, this was about 3 years ago and I cannot find anywhere I wrote down the model number, if I did at all....

So that is the larger problem. If anyone can suggest how I can verify my model number that would help me a great deal.

On to the part in question. See the picture below. I noticed on the day I was taking the boat out for the season that there was water gushing out of the back of the engine somewhere (I had removed the cowling to look at something else). It looks like this part had some sort of plug that has worn out or broken, and now is gushing water from the cooling system. Maybe it was a freeze plug?

I need to ID this part so I can order another one and replace it this spring. Can anyone help? I haven't been able to find any parts diagrams that show this area to my knowledge.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
Working...
X