Fuel system enigma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel system enigma

2001 F25 ELHZ. Motor starts, idles and reaches 6 rpm if allowed .out of storage of 6 months. No fuel in the curb, fuel line or tank to go bad. While under way a clicking sound is audible, like a loose valve squizng the priming blp just once the noise goes away.
    Here is what I ve done so far:
    Checked the fuel pick up for dirt and clogs, good.redid all my connections, changed fuel water separator filter, moved the fuel tank 3 feet away from the engine and with a different and shorter fuel line. Noise still there. I verified with a mechanic's stethoscope that the tapping noise is coming from the fuel pump. It's the same noise you get when you disconnect the fue line while the engine is running. I, e. Fuel restriction.
    I replaced the fuel pump in 2013 and 475 hrs . The motor now has 610 hrs. I even swaped the fuel pump with the one I replaced b a ck in 2013 as a precautionary measure. The tapping/clicking noise is still there. It only goes away when I squeeze the bulp. By the way, I replaced that as well.
    Am I missing something else? My next step is to get a new fuel pump. I am doubt full about the outcome, however. Need help!!!!
Working...
X