No announcement yet.

HPDI Injector ? for Rodbolt/anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has worked on tugs along with stuff on and off the road.
    he sent me a pic of a track dump truck he worked on. did not know they even made stuff like that
    most everything has to be handled with lifts/rigs/cranes.

Had a look just now and found this:

early Stanadyne DB2 injection pumps push fuel out to the injector at 6,700 psi, while newer common-rail systems operate at five times that level.
    Taking note of this development, we ask: What kind of pressures will future systems use?

Green Diesel Corp has gone all out developing its new system, which produces 160,000 psi of pressure
    Last edited by 99yam40; 09-25-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Speaking of pressure, how about those devices that can cut through inches of hard steel like a knife through hot butter using nothing but a tiny bit of water at great pressure?

Technology and physics be wonderful. I am now studying high pressure injector drivers (DC-DC voltage converters actually). Never had a reason to study them before. Very interesting. If I had life to live over I definitely would become an electronics guru. Or physicist. Or aeronautical engineer. I have wasted my life it appears. Knowing so little and there is so much to know. They are inventing stuff faster than I can learn about the old stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        My youngest son is a diesel mechanic.

a while back we were talking about injection systems and he told me the motors he works on have many thousands of PSI on their injectors.
        I had no clue they ran that high, but the compression ratios of those motors are very high also
        I believe modern diesel engines, at least the larger ones, use oil fired injectors. 20,000 psi or more at the tips.....

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          I believe modern diesel engines, at least the larger ones, use oil fired injectors. 20,000 psi or more at the tips.....
          according to my last post they run at 33,500 psi.

5 times 6700

Hard to even think about 160,000

have to be very careful around any leaks

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            according to my last post they run at 33,500 psi.

5 times 6700

Hard to even think about 160,000

have to be very careful around any leaks
            I do believe the pressure is created inside the injector in the oil fired unit. "Fired" as in actuated as opposed to burned. Rather than being piped through the rail at that level PSI. Some of the newest systems, who knows? You could kill someone with one of the injectors if you threw it at their head.

Comment

Working...
            X