Yamaha 704 Binnacle Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 704 Binnacle Help

I have a 2009 F150 Yamaha with 704 Binnacle. The shifting and throttle were getting very stiff and sticky so I ordered and replaced the cables with new TFxtreme.... only to find that the problem was in my Binnacle. after opening the binnacle I cleaned and grease some of the parts. I didn't find much but noticed the throttle arm p/n 704-48261-00-00 looked a bit suspicious. After putting everything back together it's much better but can still tell it's a bit sticky. Could this be the problem and is this a common replacement part?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HobeSound1; 03-18-2016, 08:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

Are you referring to the slight bend in the arm? If so, that's a factory bend/offset..

I would make sure any and all moving parts are cleaned and re-greased.

Did you loosen up the "drag" adjustment on the control (or check that?).

And lastly, if you disconnect the cables at the engine, is the shifter still sticky?(trying to eliminate potential issues at the engine).
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I was actually referring to the sight wear on the nylon bushing at the end of the arm. Yes, I did adjust the drag and the cables do run smooth when disconnected from the motor

Comment

The right side of the bushing that looks dirty (But has been cleaned) goes into the drag bracket. I guess that's what creates the drag.

Comment

Originally posted by HobeSound1 View Post
          I was actually referring to the sight wear on the nylon bushing at the end of the arm. Yes, I did adjust the drag and the cables do run smooth when disconnected from the motor
          I would think this would lead to something at the motor, or a too tight of a bend in cable at the motor when hooked up

Comment

+1 ^^^^

I really don't see much at that bushing to cause an issue.

Now, there are different area's under the cowl that requires greasing (IE, the shifter slide-probably not the right words) where you adjust the cable to the engine while the engine "slid" is lined up with its marks.

You can see the very light blue "slide" at the bottom of pic, below the TB's:

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X