2-stroke bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    I can't remember the last time I bought a kit (un-less you find something wrong).. I'd just get to the jets and pull em..

With the RPMs you are getting, one or two jets are clogged, the other cylinders are hitting...

For scofflaw; varnished up jets, clogged, ALL the time on Ethonol fuel un-treated.

Easily, 95% of the engines I have to get running are crapped up fuel systems, varnished and clogged.. Just did one on a Honda 2000 watt generator carb. Main jet clogged up, (aluminum float bowl BROWN big time with varnish), cleaned, first pull-started and ran great.

That customers second generator carb, it ran for a little bit, then started spitting fuel out and died, Found the FLOAT FULL of fuel...
    reread his first post. what he has tried eliminated varnish as his problem

Comment

Originally posted by scofflaw View Post
      reread his first post. what he has tried eliminated varnish as his problem
      I did.

First mechanic re-built them. Problem persists

5 star mechanic states carbs NO good, they replace with another set-(which is BS unless there's something physically wrong with the original ones). Problem persists

The symptoms point towards the carbs. Varnish may be gone, one small piece of crap in a main jet, knocks out one cylinder from running.. .. Wether it got sucked up later, was already in the system, dunno. Vacuum leak, maybe.

There's something wrong in the fuel system IMO..
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-08-2016, 06:23 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by tommmmmg View Post
        There appears to be no high speed jets to adjust. Is the float a consideration? These carbs are supposedly good?
        Can you please post the MODEL # to your 2005 150 2 stroke?

Re the float, if they/it leaks, it'll fill with fuel and stay open eventually flooding and fuel pouring out.
        If its hanging up and NOT dropping, that will cause your issue (no fuel getting into a bowl)-not likely, but...
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-08-2016, 06:29 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

DUDE
          DUDE
          and wannabe DUDES.

IF the OP described the issue as it runs poorly UNTIL he PARTIALLY closes the choke, THEN it will run fine WITH THE choke ppartially closed guess what FOLKS??????
          it aint a friggen fuel soaked float.
          which BTW in 30 years of playing with Yamaha I have NEVER seen.
          but THAAAANK MON THAAANK.

IF it runs fine under load with the choke partially closed there IS fuel in the fuel bowl.

this crap aint hard, 5 star means they passed an online video course.

Yamaha made a lot of different carbs.

go ask your mokanic about the back draft or (fuel bowl jets)

he wont have a clue what back draft means nor how long that design from various manufacturers have been about.

typically the rare carbs I had to scrap were salt water damaged, as in they sat with salt water in the bowls for a long time.

Comment

Working...
          X