Engine oil alarm, not priming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine oil alarm, not priming

Hi I have a 2004 Yamaha 115 115TXRC and this morning I was headed out fishing and my alarm came on I think low oil, when I got it home and tried to prime it with switch at tank it would fill it and I couldnt hear motor on the fill tank running, so I pulled tank out and removed motor and hooked up 12 volts to it and it runs, what else do I need to check to see why its no pumping to the engine tank, I still have the tank out and the filter was not clogged

Not understanding something. You say that pressing the toggle switch transfers oil to the main tank but then you imply that the motor in the remote tank is not running. It must be running or else the oil would not be sent from the remote tank to the main tank.

Sounds like your automatic transfer system is not working. Check the wiring harness that runs from the motor to the remote oil tank. Taking particular attention to the terminals in the connectors.

Comment

When the alarm sounded for low oil why did you not then use the toggle switch to transfer oil from the remote tank to the main tank? Hope you did not drive the motor with the alarm sounding. That can get very expensive.

Comment

No the oil was not transferring and I thought I couldn't hear motor until I pulled it out and added power but it will not pump the oil just continue to run

Comment

under oil tank
          Last edited by amahaork; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

pros pretty much covered all
            Last edited by amahaork; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

If the motor is physically running and you've verified that inlet and outlet pathways are clear, then it sounds like an internal issue in the motor. I'm not sure what type of impeller (or whatever it uses to actually move the oil) is in there, but maybe that is no good. Next step, I suppose, would be to inspect the motor closely - maybe clean it out?
              2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
              1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
              X