motor stalling 1994 250yam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor stalling 1994 250yam

This is gonna be a long one so please stick with it. I am a firm believer in, if you just touched something and now theres a problem its something you did. I believe this is something I did. Had to remove the block on my 1994 250 yamaha to have a machine shop fix a broken bolt as a result of the mechanic putting a short bolt in a long hole and not torking correctly so water got in and made a mess. So When I put the head cover on and reconnected the entire block again. I went to take it for a ride. Now this is important and I think eliminate some suggestions on the way out the engine idled like when I first got it in neutral at 800 rpms and the whole 12 minutes to the bay no problems at 1000 rpms in gear. When I went to accelerate I couldn't get the port motor to go over 14-15 hndred rpms. went to the back and looked at the gear shift and throttle cables everything looked fine. The throttle was very tight and i pushed it a little bit then she never idled right after that went to 400 to 600 rpm then stalls. When I got back after pushing the throttle full (while off) to compare motors the butterflies were not opening. I found that when the machine shop worked on the motor they bent the oil lever under and would not allow the levers to move and open the carbs. Once I fixed the lever. It still doesn't idle right and stalls. Now I think being I pushed the throttle open with it bent I must of thrown something out of whack. Every thing looks normal. It can't be dirty carbs or anything remember she ran perfect on the way out it was when I forced the throttle forward on the bent oil arm something happened. I feel like I stretched something maybe but can't find any thing. I did check the fuel filter anyhow and it was fine.

Any Ideas to look at
Working...
X