X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha F225 idle cut out

Any assistance or advice on the following most welcome
    I have a pair of F225 TXRA outboards on a 28 foot boat
    Problem engine has 1,300 running hours. Exhaust mid-section replaced only 60 hours ago & engine serviced 6 hours ago, with a full 100 hour interval service
    An intermittent fault ( since before mid-section or other major services) was fluctuating idle speed after you have ran for an hour or more. Engine RPM would 'Lope' up & down at mid range (1,100 to 1,500 rpm) then again at idle speed ( erratic idle between 1,100 & 650 rpm) Some times would cut out.
    Have changed out the TPS for a known good working one, also the ISC control with a known working one. The engines compression is 165 psi all cylinders. Fuel rail pressure idling is 38 psi. Last outing on the boat the un-even idle speed and mid range speed got worse, followed by the engine dying & now not able to re-start. The engine will start & idle at 500 rpm for a few seconds, then die. When I got the boat and engines 2 years ago, the VST was removed and cleaned ( was found then to be very dirty ) so my concern now is the injectors may have been slowly failing or having had dirty fuel, with brush carbon dust ( that rodbolt mentions ) can be a cause for such troubles. To my knowledge the injectors have not been removed or cleaned since long before I purchased the vessel. There is no problems with the Port side engine. It also had a major fuel system VST clean , new injection & fuel transfer pumps. But the vessel fuel tank at time of purchase was found to have contaminated Ethanol blended fuel that sat for a long time. A new fuel tank & hoses / Racors was fitted to the boat & since , has been filled with 92 octane non-ethanol based gasoline.
    Last edited by CaribSurf; 09-14-2015, 09:26 AM.
Working...
X