• boscoe99
    replied
    This does more than I will ever need.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tracfone-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Only one of the phones is activated for phone and text use. TracFone is the pay as you go provider. It is about $120 a year which includes x data time, y phone minutes and z texts. I buy more texts if and as needed. A thousand for five bucks. Never have had to buy more data or phone minutes.

The other three phones cost nothing once past the initial purchase cost. But they can only be used if wifi is available.
    Oh I thought they would have to be activated to download stuff.
    I did not know they could be used the way you are using them not activated and using wifi to and from your other phone or internet modem

I have had Boost mobile for years because I had good service out in the bay I fished normally.
    pay as you go.
    flip phone started out 10 cents a minute/text and now went to 20 Cents.
    put $20 in every 90 days so left over money stays.
    I do not use it much at all

now they tell me 3 g is going away so I will need to get a G4 or G5 phone and my old, grandfathered plan will not work with the newer phones
    they show plans for $10,15,25 and 30@ month but only for new customers

So, I need to find a new phone and provider I guess
    or get my brother to sign up for me to get the new customer deals
    Last edited by 99yam40; 01-12-2022, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boscoe99
    replied
    Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

what phone service are you using for those 4 phones?
    seems that would cost $30 to $60 each a month
    Only one of the phones is activated for phone and text use. TracFone is the pay as you go provider. It is about $120 a year which includes x data time, y phone minutes and z texts. I buy more texts if and as needed. A thousand for five bucks. Never have had to buy more data or phone minutes.

The other three phones cost nothing once past the initial purchase cost. But they can only be used if wifi is available.

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    Originally posted by robert graham View Post
    The Sharrow Marine website shows stainless and bronze props….$5000 to $10,000 prices!….But if these props will perform as advertised then I’m sure there will be plenty of high end buyers lined up with the money$$$$$…..Wonder what big prop manufacturers like Michigan Wheel think about the Sharrow design?….
    it would be interesting to see the difference they would make to a properly propped rig.
    not sure it would be worth it since $5K to $10K is a big difference in costs to regular props
    Last edited by 99yam40; 01-12-2022, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

One for my phone. The others don't have phone capability but do have internet capability via wifi. I use them mostly to provide audio to sound bars via bluetooth. So that I can listen to Spotify or the radio. One in the basement, one in the bedroom, one in the living room.

The one in the basement has a killer app for a digital protractor. Which I can use to take measurements of angles. All the while rocking out to Spotify sounds. Also an app for monitoring a lithium battery that I play with.

Oh, they can also be used to screen mirror images on the phone to my TV. What I can see on the phone is displayed on the big screen.
    what phone service are you using for those 4 phones?
    seems that would cost $30 to $60 each a month

Leave a comment:

• robert graham
    replied
    The Sharrow Marine website shows stainless and bronze props….$5000 to $10,000 prices!….But if these props will perform as advertised then I’m sure there will be plenty of high end buyers lined up with the money$$$$$…..Wonder what big prop manufacturers like Michigan Wheel think about the Sharrow design?….

Leave a comment:

• Bluefish
    replied
    The award-winning Sharrow MX™ Propeller is specifically designed and optimized for operation on vessels with 150-450 HP outboard or sterndrive motors which range from single to multi-engine configurations.

Each Sharrow MX™ Propeller is custom manufactured in the USA using premium stainless steel for the boat and motor configuration it is intended for.

Leave a comment:

• DennisG01
    replied
    It all boils down to quality control by the company that owns "X" product. "Control" being the key word - staying on top of the manufacturer to make sure they keep doing what you hired them to do and that they're not slacking off or changing manufacturing processes to make it cheaper. A friend/acquaintance went through this with turbos that he had being built. As long as he kept visiting the factory every few to 6 months, it was good. If he went longer, quality started to drop off.

Leave a comment:

• boscoe99
    replied
    Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    why 4 ?
    you keep breaking them?
    or different numbers for different girl friends
    One for my phone. The others don't have phone capability but do have internet capability via wifi. I use them mostly to provide audio to sound bars via bluetooth. So that I can listen to Spotify or the radio. One in the basement, one in the bedroom, one in the living room.

The one in the basement has a killer app for a digital protractor. Which I can use to take measurements of angles. All the while rocking out to Spotify sounds. Also an app for monitoring a lithium battery that I play with.

Oh, they can also be used to screen mirror images on the phone to my TV. What I can see on the phone is displayed on the big screen.

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    why 4 ?
    you keep breaking them?
    or different numbers for different girl friends

Leave a comment:

• boscoe99
    replied
    My gut feel is that China can produce whatever quality level is requested. We specify and request cheap shit so that is what we get. Then we blame China.

Cheap shit has its benefits and purpose. I am typing on a $30 smart phone. Works for me. In fact, I have four of them.

Leave a comment:

• boscoe99
    replied
    Don't know what material they use. Presume a forging if aluminum. A casting if stain less steel.

Leave a comment:

• 99yam40
    replied
    even tho a machine does the cutting, how good is the blank they are working with?
    is it a forged or cast piece they are machined from?

Leave a comment:

• DennisG01
    replied
    It's funny how discussions like this go in spurts. I think I remember seeing Sharrow being discussed about a year and a half ago on multiple forums... then it went quiet for a while... now I see them popping back up again.

The idea sounds great - but they're way to expensive to be worthwhile for the average Joe. And... what happens if you ding it? Who can repair it? Certainly not my local prop shop!

Build quality all comes down to quality control. Stay on top of the Chinese factory with astute control of the process and things are good. Get lax in your management or don't give them enough "directions"... and then you'll see corners being cut.

Leave a comment:

• boscoe99
    replied
    Quality should be as good as made in America. If Sharrow wants it to be so. CNC machine is doing the carving. Coolees work a whole lot cheaper than Amellican man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X