Trim/Tilt problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim/Tilt problems

I have the F80tlrz. The trim motor died, this is something I have done a lot.
    well the trim screw was seized and had to be drilled out. I went too far and oil came out, also, the motor never fell even with the oil leaking out. I also couldn’t lift it. As I lifted I broke the piston up top.

now, I removed the unit ( this was on the lift) and got it to my garage. Drilled out the release screw and bought a new one with all the parts inside. Bought a new piston with new caps and I o rings already on it
    i noticed how insanely difficult it was to remove the old
    piston, even taken out of the main manifold. Had to hammered out from the bottom. Got the new one in, and put together

the piston will go all the way down, but not up. Also with the release screw open I cannot by hand move the piston up or down. Closed up, the piston moves1/3 the way up and stops.. about where it was frozen before I opened it.

thought maybe if I put weight on it in the form of the motor it would work. Nope. The piston moved up only 1/3... and slowly drops.... the release screw open, we cannot life the motor past that point....

I then opened it up and moved the piston up past that point it gets stuck and, closed it up and. Trimmed all the way down, then back up, getting stuck 1/3 the way.

why is it impossible to life passed that point? Why doesn’t the release screw seem to allow the motor to drop correctly?
    whT the hell is going on? How can it get stuck like that?

Thanks for any help!
Working...
X