Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Yamaha 115 water pump part 6E5-44366-01

Hello all,

I am overhauling the water pump on my outboard and am confused about a part on the parts diagram I think was missing on my motor.
    Please see the photos of part and parts diagram.
    I don’t think this part was there when I disassembled the motor. I purchased the part because it is on the parts list.
    I have watched several Yamaha water pump tear down videos and can’t see the part anywhere.
    So; is anybody familiar with this part?
    If so, does it just slide onto the engine water pump tube loosely above the housing?
    Any help appreciated.

Daryl

Damper seal....it seats inside the pump housing where the water tube attaches. If its not still in your old pump housing then it could have remained attached to the water tube when you dropped the LU.

Originally posted by djharris View Post
    does it just slide onto the engine water pump tube loosely above the housing?
    The seal is installed into the pump housing as noted above....then when reinstalling the LU, the water tube slips inside the seal.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2tpa View Post
      Damper seal....it seats inside the pump housing where the water tube attaches. If its not still in your old pump housing then it could have remained attached to the water tube when you dropped the LU.

The seal is installed into the pump housing as noted above....then when reinstalling the LU, the water tube slips inside the seal.
      Thank you for your help!
      It seems to me that part 6E5-44365-01 sits inside the housing and that part all looks good...
      Its 6E5-44366-01 I cant work out as there is no place inside the housing for it to fit

Thanks

Daryl
      Last edited by djharris; 06-24-2021, 04:20 AM.

Comment

The damper seal for my model is one piece which seats into the top of pump housing. But it appears with your model, you've got 3 total pieces with one part fitting inside the other.....

222.jpg

Attached Files
        Jason
        1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Yes thanks Jason, thats what im thinking but the top seal doesn't fit into the housing at all.
          So in wondering does it just slide over the down tube and sit there above the pump? Nothing to hold it in place ...

Comment

Working...
          X