2006 VMax HPDI 200 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 VMax HPDI 200 Issues

Hey guys, new to the forums, I'm having issues with 2006 VMax HPDI 200HP VZ200TLR and hoping to get some insight.

Boat started doing this last season after cruising around 60 (slower than it would usually run by 3-5mph). Next time to get on plane it bogged out like you see in video. Thought would be maintenance/filter items as I bought the boat used with 334 hours from the second 70 year old owner. I replaced said maintenance items this spring and the issue is still present which you can see in the video. Issue seems to be the same whether in gear or neutral.

Hopefully can get some insight here, I'm running out of ideas and getting frustrated. I have no local dealers who can help, would be willing to drive to lake george or cape cod (I'm in western MA) to find a reputable tech.

youtube.com/watch?v=SshvVUzWlFY

Replaced:

- Low pressure pumps
    - Orange tank filter
    - VST Filter
    - Thermostats
    - Lower unit oil
    - Plugs
    - Sent out flow test/clean injectors with all new mystery filters (flow tested fine)
    - Replaced HPFP mystery filters in the pump itself and all injectors
    - Fresh fuel in boat

Diag notes:

- Have YDS, 975psi even when the issue happens, fuel pressure never drops
    - 50psi at the VST, even when the issue happens, fuel pressure never drops
    - No codes present currently
    - Isolated fuel tank/line with a separate primer/line direct to engine bypassing tanks

Questions:

- What do do next? I don't want to just throw parts at it but it's getting to that point.
    - Not sure if fuel pressure changes on water/under load I haven't tried it out but the issue is the same on water and out of water, I can check fuel pressure loaded on water and see if that make a difference.
Working...
X