Yamaha 70 TLRR acceleration issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 70 TLRR acceleration issue

Hello, looking for help with my 70 tlrr. It cranks and idles without an issue whatsoever but when i start easing into the throttle it bogs down and will cut off if i keep pushing it. It doesn't sputter or skip, it just falls on it's face but if i back off the throttle its fine. Once it has ran for a while it will finally decide it wants to run and will get on plane and run wide open, seems to be worse in cooler temps. I have pulled the carbs for cleaning and ordered new parts. I did notice when i took the bowl off the bottom carburetor that the rubber plug was not in the pilot jet hole. Could this cause an issue? Either way i have the replacement in the mail. Also when the boat is in neutral should the timing indicator on the side of the motor be lined up on 1 of the 2 lines or in between? I am extremely novice with boat motors and looking for help. I attached a picture of the plugs if this helps with a diagnosis. These are new plugs that have been ran a couple times on short trips. I am hoping the clean carbs will make an improvement but wanted to see if there could possibly be another issue that i might need to be working on while waiting on parts to ship. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

So far i have recently
    - replaced tank to motor line "bulb included"
    - cleaned fuel strainer and bowl
    - drained and cleaned fuel tank
    - new NGK spark plugs " gap checked by Yamaha dealer"
    Screenshot_20210316-094034_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210316-094043_Gallery.jpg
    Last edited by the Lackster; 03-16-2021, 09:45 AM.
Working...
X