2005 200 HPDI Cutting out at 3000 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 200 HPDI Cutting out at 3000 rpm

Hello I am new to the forums, but I've owned Yamaha outboards since 2010 and loved em since. Just bought a grady white with the 200 HPDI last year and enjoyed the power, torque and although it was loud and exhaust was noticeable, I was pleased with it. I had no problems last year and it would run very solid. It still ran fine this year until late june when I noticed a quick cutout at 3000 rpm when the boat would plane on the way home and it didnt happened again. Next trip, same thing, on the way out to fish it cut out on the way out and then on the way back. Each trip, it got more frequent however, if I continued to pump the primer ball I would have no issue; so I was convinced it is a fuel delivery problem. Looked into this and found info on the VST and fuel delivery issues for this model. The local yamaha dealer initially claimed it was an electrical fault, until I took a video and showed them and then they changed theyre diagnosis. I have changed the fuel filters and both fuel pumps, the dealer has run a diagnostic on the motor and found the VST is providing 50 psi and the HI pressure was 700-00 psi (at which point I swapped out the hi pressure fuel filter) but still experiencing the problems only now its cutting out at 26-2800 rpm. The dealer is saying the next step is the injectors (cleaning them is more affordable than buying new ones!) I have seen posts on the web about this being a fuel filter, fuel pump and the VST filter. I believe VST was ruled out when we saw 50 PSI at the fuel gauge on top of the VST. Besides the injectors, any other items I can look at? ANY HELP WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED!
Working...
X