99 ox66 got me stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 ox66 got me stumped

Hello everyone. First I want to say thanks in advance for the help.
    I have a 99 20' Blazer bass boat with a 99 ox66 225. I bought it from my brother-n-law about 5 months ago. At first it ran fine but soon began to hesitate around 2000 rpms. It would start strong coming out of the hole then just bog and sit nose up for a couple seconds before eventually jumping up on plane. Once on plane it would run fine. Well it got worse over the next few trips until finally it just wouldn't plane at all. It just sat and bogged around 2000 rpms. It cranks and idles fine. I replaced all 3 lp pumps, new stator, trigger, rectifier (charging voltage was inconsistent), new coils, boots and plugs. Verified TPS sensor. 35PSI even when bogging. Compression 125 on all 6. Cleaned VST and replaced screen on pump and going to pressure regulator (everything looked clean). New 02 sensor as well.
    This was all done in 3 stages. After the first 2 stages it would jump and run like a scalded dog (74mph) at first for as far as I wanted to go, but as soon as I shut it off and fished for about 30 mins then tried to run to the next spot it would start doing it again. I was able to get it on plane and once up it seemed to run fine until I came off plane. The 3rd time (after the stator, trigger, rectifier and coils) it ran fine from launch to the first 3 spots (spending about 20-30mins each stop) then when i tried to go to the 4th spot it started doing it again. It acts like one of the cylinders isn't firing or perhaps one injector isn't acting right cause once it gets on plane I can run 70 no problem. I haven't tried bypassing the anti-syphon valve yet. Honestly I'm at my wits end with this one. One other note: the plugs seem very wet. I noticed the air intake cover also seems to have a lot of oil (fuel) in it as well. Not dripping but moist. I've actually been through 6 lp pumps. I bought 3 Sierra at first then found 2 were bad out of the box. I've since replaced with 3 OEM.
    I plan to bypass the anti-syphon valve tomorrow and try it again. I've studied other posts on here and other forums for hours on end. It has dual fuel tanks with a selector valve. Doesn't make a difference which tank I draw from.
Working...
X