X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99yam40
    replied
    Originally posted by robert graham View Post
    My 1999 Yamaha C90 starts right up and I usually use the fast idle lever to keep it around 1500 RPM's for a minute or so....then the motor settles into about 750 RPM's at idle for the rest of the day.....your motor sounds like it has a problem to me...
    since you say you idle your motor at 1500 for a minute or more, and his takes 45 seconds to drop down to normal idle , how can you say his has a problem?

I believe the CDi changes the timing at start up and depends on a temp switch to tell it when the motor is warmed up to go to normal timing
    and the primestart has to warm up also to shut off the extra fuel.
    how cool is the water where you are running

Leave a comment:

• muddfunk
    replied
    Yes, I agree. It's definitely a problem. I just don't know exactly what. I had someone adjust the idle down today, but it didn't help. It didn't do that last season. It started doing it as soon as I put it back in last week. 45 seconds is a long time to wait for the engine to idle down. l really appreciate the input.

Leave a comment:

• robert graham
    replied
    My 1999 Yamaha C90 starts right up and I usually use the fast idle lever to keep it around 1500 RPM's for a minute or so....then the motor settles into about 750 RPM's at idle for the rest of the day.....your motor sounds like it has a problem to me...

Leave a comment:

• holmen78
    replied
    It’s not an issue, it is meant to behave like that. My 90 2-t does the same.

Leave a comment:

• muddfunk
    replied
    Ok, thanks for the advice. Is this an unusual or common issue?

Leave a comment:

• holmen78
    replied
    It is supposed to do that. It is programmed into the CDI. The CDI adjusts the ignition timing after each start up.

Leave a comment:

• robert graham
    replied
    I'd check your throttle/carb linkages first.....then try turning your Primestart lever to each of it's 3 settings and start your motor at each setting to see if it may correlate to a Primestart issue....throwing your motor into gear at 1200 RPM's is not good for clutch dogs in lower unit...

Leave a comment:

• muddfunk
    started a topic 2007 90HP Yamaha 2 stroke Idle Problems

2007 90HP Yamaha 2 stroke Idle Problems

I'm having an issue with my idle. When I start the engine, it idles at 1400-1500 RPMs. After about 2-3 seconds it drops to 1200-1300 RPM's. Then it takes at least 45 seconds(I timed it a few times) it drops down to 800-900 RPM's. I can make a 20 minute run from one spot to another, shut the engine off and and start it up. And it will do the same exact thing. It doesn't seem to matter if the engine is warmed up or not. Can anyone please offer some advice?
Working...
X