Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 130txrr overheat alarm

Hey There:

So before I get started let me say that I have read many of the threads regarding overheating and there is one person whom I am experiencing the same problem, at low RPM's the enginge runs fine, once I start giving it gas and the boat starts increasing in speed and rpms the warning buzzard sounds.
    I immediately shut the engine off, I have gone through many of the tips posted, checked the nwater intakes, tell tale stream strong, temperature of the water out of the tell tale pretty close to actual body of water temp, when running on low rpms or 12mph and under engine runs fine, and heads are warm at best, once i increase speed and alarm sounds, the heads get hot, I wont say you can fry an egg on it, but you can put your hands on them and eventually you have to take your hands off. thermostats are not stuck, they are not installed at the moment. I have a 11.1 qt reserve oil tank
    I added a gallon so its maybee at 1.5 gallons.
    The water pump kit was replaced this spring, I read on a thread that a filter on either the remote tank or endine tank can get clogged and cause the engine to suck up more oil than needed, where is this filter exactly located?
    I will by say that once I shut the engine off after the alarm I am able to turn the engine back on after maybee 5 minutes or so and go on my way, and the one thing that I notice this year over many past is that when I am done fishing I always raise my enging, and this is the first year that I am having oil run off from I think the carbs , because there is always a little bit of oil on the bottom cowling, I had oil leking from the screw for bleeding the oil pump ( pain in the _ss) once loosened it hardly ever tightens back.one mechanic on the dock said the sensor on the internal tank is stuck, but how could it be stuck when only on higher rpms?
    Any help, tips, advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance.
Working...
X