tach and speedo gauges for 90 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach and speedo gauges for 90 hp

Need some advice a few weeks ago I purchased a Hydra Sports 17 ' center console ( 1996 ) that has a 1988 Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke outboard. Motor runs fine no issues there but the speedo/tach which are combination LED type gauges are in poor condition. The tach works but the LED is very hard to read. The speedometer I was told by the seller doesn't work which I'm not that concerned about but none of the other gauge functions in the speedo work like the fuel level. Looking online it appears that these combo gauges run aprox. $225.00 - $300.00 each. This weekend I'm going to check all the fuses, connections etc. just to make sure nothing obvious wrong there. Is it worth it to just bite the bullet and buy two gauges or change to more conventional independent gauges ? That would mean separate speedo,tach,trim,fuel,temp etc. has anyone gone this route ? I'm assuming the wire harness is made for the Yamaha gauges but don't know that as I have not looked under the console. But now that I think about it this was a OMC brand boat so should have come with a OMC outboard so it was changed at some point in time. Any advice is appreciated.
Working...
X