Throttle stop screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle stop screw

What is a good starting point(turns from seated postion) for the throttle stop screw on a 2003 yamaha 130 txrb

Are you asking about (on your CARBED ENGINE), the throttle stop screw or the smaller air mixture screw?

Idle, warmed up, should be around 7-800 RPM's.

I think you are referring to the smaller air screw.

IDK but someone else will chime in, probably close to 1 turn out
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-26-2014, 06:03 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

The throttle stop screw not pilot screw. I messed with that screw and now I think I shouldn't. Looking at the manual it says the screw is for sync the carbs and setting idle speed. When I went to start engine after messing with it trying to lower my idle speed it wouldn't start after that. In the manual it says the that throttle cam should be lined up with the throttle roller. Should they be touching? Also where is a good starting point to start with the throttle stop screw? Thanks

Comment

This is the screw I'm talking about!
        Attached Files

Comment

Should these be touching or is it ok to be not touching? Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Generally you back the main IDLE screw out so the ALL the THROTTLE PLATES close fully. The rod that goes inbetween the two carbs(linking them together) is now adjusted (synced), so the throttle plates open the same amount.

On my F150, there is .020" space at part of the linkage but your engine will MOST likely be different.

**As you posted above, per your manual, they should line up. Mine does as well. The manual should give you a clearance # or have it touch (I don't know specifically about your engine spec's) but mine calls for .020" space there, in the second pic ..

Yours may very well be different, your shop manual should address the linkage adjustment.

Once those are set, adjust the main idle(with spring around it) screw back in to get the correct idle RPM's..
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-27-2014, 08:31 AM.
            Scott

Comment

If you can post a pic, from your manual here (like above), it should show a clearance (or NO clearance) # for that adjustment.

It'll likely be called / referred to as the "thottle cam roller".
              Scott

Comment

You simply align the mark with the center of the roller
                AFTER the engine is idling at correct rpm with valves synced and ignition timing set.

You will need to check the length of the link rods.

If there is a running issue you'll never set it right.

Comment

So I got the engine running then I set the valves to close at the same time and the Rpms are set at 750-800. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                  X