Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audible Alarm

Yamaha F40 TLRC
    I had this motor go into alarm and drop to idle I guest as a safety feature, not sure when checking the tachometer whether it was the temperature or low oil issue I did not see any light on any of the indicators on the tach display.
    I shut the engine down and then started it up again and within 5 min. of *****ing speed it would alarm again. I tried it several times and at approx. every 5 min. It would do it again. At that time I decided to not run the engine and lifted it up and limped in on one motor. Being at least 20 min. out of the harbor I again decided to give it a try which was about 15 min after lifting it out of the water.
    I ran it at *****ing speed all the way into the harbor without any alarms coming on at all. Could there be a chance something could have blocked the suctioning on the lower leg or it did not heat up enough to go into a alarm if it is a heating issue. One thing I did notice earlier in the day as well as when it was going into alarm was that motor was smoking a little from the exhaust.
    All along the pisser whether *****ing or idle the pisser was discharging with good pressure as it should and did not show weakness in water discharge. Sort of puzzled on this as it did not show any indication on the tach but only an alarm. Need help.
Working...
X