9.9hp 4stroke no tell tail Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9hp 4stroke no tell tail Help please

I posted earlier on my 1989 4stoke with no tell tail. I always started it weekly w/ nice volume of water coming out. Then the next week no tell tale. Purchased new water pump from this site and installed it. No problem with impeller noticed. Still no tell tail. Then forced compressed air through plastic streamer jet for tell tail and it started working a little, then more air and it works great. Next week it works ok then slowly lost the tell tale again. My friend said the water was coming out hot. When I came home I blew in it again and it starts working and then slowly loses it. If I blow air into the plastic port where the water comes out, the air comes out blowing like there is no restrictions. I cannot imagine where there is a blockage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Update:
    Believe I just found the culprit. I stuck a solid metal wire into the plastic hole where the tell tail streams out instead of using a tie wrap and out popped a little hard rock of salt about a 1/8". The stream is a steady stream of water now whereby it was shooting water out with a hi pressure stream due to the restriction. Even air pressure at 30lbs did not help. Hope this helps you guys in the future.
    Last edited by wildturkey; 03-15-2014, 07:10 PM.
Working...
X