Melted water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melted water pump

Being new to this site I have found that there are many professional people on here, and people like me, who think they have a handle, but really don't. Nuff said, Thanks professional persons. My last two threads were about my oil injection on my 86 Pro V. I was so proud after the conversion I decided to hook it back up on the muffs and let it idle awhile. I thought," let it run, get used to pre-mix. Piddling on other things, I heard the dreaded alarm. It stopped peeing.. All in all, too late, fried water pump. I have to say, this is my first H.O. motor. My previous motor was a 35 hp. I have to tell on myself, I have had this boat a little over a year, 85 hydrosport with an 86 pro v 150. The boat had sit idle outside for over three years. I had the carbs boiled and a lot of cleaning on the hull. It ran good and looked decent. My only problem was having to refill the main oil tank after about five miles, which was a hassle. Well, this is my second water pump,after Idling in the drive, never a problem on the lake. Come to find out I was using a single muff, which is for 50hp or less, and feeding through 75 ft. of hose. Unbeknowing, BAD! I needed a double muff and the shortest feed of hose possible. I was pushing water, but not enough. I feel stupid, but I think I should post this. As Elton John sang, " I'm not the only one." BTW after it cooled, it fired right up, but only a couple of secs.before I shut it off.
    Last edited by 2mark1965; 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM.
Working...
X