1997 D150TLRV carb rebuild help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 D150TLRV carb rebuild help

I have had a problem show up from time to time over the last year or so and I was at the end of my rope. I finally got in touch with a Yamaha mechanic online yesterday and he said I needed to rebuild the carbs. So I would like a quick lesson from someone to get me to do it correctly. I am very mechanically minded and have rebuilt cars and motorcycles all my life, so I know my way around motors. I hear it is quite simple, but is there anything "tricky" that I need to look out for? I have a manual for the motor but it really doesn't go into the step by step so much as just showing a diagram of the units. I have ordered the rebuild kits and I am going to remove the carbs today. So any help at this point would be appreciated.
    I did a search on here for this but didn't seem to find anything.

Here is the crazy thing this motor does. It starts and runs perfect. But when I try to power load it on the trailer, it won't rev up, and dies everytime I push the throttle. He said it was a dirty carb not getting enough gas to put that much pressure onto the prop to push my bassboat up the bunks. Once in a while I can hit the choke key and it will rev up enough to get the bow eye to contact the roller bumper. I am too old and fat to be getting over the side to hand crank this boat onto the trailer.
Working...
X