Adding another battery to my *****ing motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding another battery to my *****ing motor

Ok My boat has group 29 starting battery for powering everything. Ive added electric *****ing motor rewired to back of boat. I wanted to put battery in back to level out transom and there was matching spot aft-stearn. So could I hook up starting battery and connect to other *****ing motor battery. Any problems starting the motor while using electric on front. Right now the electric motor has circuit breaker in battery area, I figure im getting 4 hours of fishing time. If I hooked up both batteries that would give me 8 hours fishing time but would run risk of no power to start up main motor to leave fishing spot. What gauge wire could I use to go 85 inches across. Do they make inline switch I could mount near starting battery turn it off and on red power side. Im thinking this setup might be perfect on 16.5 boat. That way Im not adding another clummsey battery 75pounds. Could the high power of hooking 2 800 cold cranking amp batts do damage to Yamaha motor. It would be way overkill starting lol. Easiest way to hook them up add wires to unused fat posts on batteries. Jumper wires would work but kind temp cheap way to do it. Another advantage I see my Yamaha will charge up both batts or with switch only starting battery, while cruising around so fishing 2 hours at each spot I may never run out juice again for electric motor.
Working...
X