Yamaha 9.9SK 1985

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 9.9SK 1985

I bought this motor used, it looked excellant and well taken care, besides the fact that guy before me messed up the water pump/foot. I fixed that and took it out a week ago. It would run only so long and shut down, because of over heating. Took out the themerostat and it was stuck open and looked like it never was changed and it had all that scale build up too. Took the head off broke 3 bolts along the way but managed to drill them out and tap and rethread them. Cleaned up the packed water jackets. They were totally full of scale. Took her out and seems to run fine, the actual head does get hot but not the smoking hot like I was getting the weekend before. Seems fine to me. My question is, how hot (tempeture wise) should the actual outside of the head and crank case get? I am thinking its around 130-150 degrees now???? I know i can touch it and go "oww" but i am not burned..Just checking, thanks... ALL I AM LOOKING FOR IS THE AVERAGE TEMPETURE OF THIS MOTOR ON THE OUTSIDE, THEN I CAN GET A TEMP GAGE TO COMPARE IT.
    Last edited by 19capehorn; 10-26-2010, 09:19 AM. Reason: No responses, question might be unclear
Working...
X