Yamaha Outboard Parts
Yamaha   Yamaha Outboard Parts
 
Yamaha Outboard Forum Yamaha Outboard Parts Discussion Forum Yamaha Outboard Parts Boat Parts Yamaha Outboard Forum Outboard Motor Parts Contact Us
Yamaha Parts
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,474
Default

Unlike some Mercury's there are no Yamaha outboard motors that I can thing of that are considered "hot pissers".

Water is taken from the base of the block or the exhaust guide, before it circulates through the motor, and sent to the tell tale port. Sometimes through a rectifier/regulator. Sometimes through a fuel/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through an oil/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through a combination of the various components.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
Bonjour Monsieur,

Is the engine peeing OK? If so, is the water hot to touch the hand?
Hello
the engine is not hot no indicator light, neither temperature nor pressure
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
Bonjour Monsieur,

Is the engine peeing OK? If so, is the water hot to touch the hand?
he engine is normal I can touch the pissete without problems no light to light or that of temperature or that of oil pressure
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenoahphobic View Post
If I was to guess,
If the engine shows symptoms after warmup look at ignition coil(s) faulty.
Or from last OP post, the engine is overheating, the most common culprit would be the water pump.

People on this forum will try to tease out more information in order to work out how to tackle this.
if I understood correctly the fault would be a coil so I should try to control the primary and secondary with a controller put on homs
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstephens46 View Post
2003 should support YDS software, no?
Maybe a bootleg copy for the Frenchman?
my engine does not have a YDS plug I think what appeared with the injection
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenoahphobic View Post
If I was to guess,
If the engine shows symptoms after warmup look at ignition coil(s) faulty.
Or from last OP post, the engine is overheating, the most common culprit would be the water pump.

People on this forum will try to tease out more information in order to work out how to tackle this.
if I understood correctly you think that the problem would come from one or two coils so I should control the primary and secondary with controller put on homs
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscoe99 View Post
Unlike some Mercury's there are no Yamaha outboard motors that I can thing of that are considered "hot pissers".

Water is taken from the base of the block or the exhaust guide, before it circulates through the motor, and sent to the tell tale port. Sometimes through a rectifier/regulator. Sometimes through a fuel/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through an oil/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through a combination of the various components.
Boscoe/99

Yes that is correct, not hot pissers, water is taken off the exhaust cover to the pisser...at least it is on the very limited number of Yamahas I have fooled with.

When they are cooling right, meaning the water pump is providing enough pressure and flow, the water comes out of the pisser pleasantly warm to touch. I realize the water does not go all the way through the block before it exits the pisser.

In the example I gave, both F15's, the water was coming out (very little flow) of the pisser to hot to keep your hand under. Both had very little of the impeller left when water pump was disassembled. Both where triggering RPM reduction and red LED overheat light.

These engines have water cooled fuel pumps just before the pisser exit port.

Back to trying to help the OP out.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel92 View Post
he engine is normal I can touch the pissete without problems no light to light or that of temperature or that of oil pressure
Good.... just checking the easy stuff first.

Have you pulled the spark plugs to see their condition and if they all look the same??? Maybe post a picture of the plugs.

Are you sure all cylinders are firing?
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
Good.... just checking the easy stuff first.

Have you pulled the spark plugs to see their condition and if they all look the same??? Maybe post a picture of the plugs.

Are you sure all cylinders are firing?
so I would have to take the candles one by one, put them to the ground to see what works?
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
Boscoe/99

Yes that is correct, not hot pissers, water is taken off the exhaust cover to the pisser...at least it is on the very limited number of Yamahas I have fooled with.

When they are cooling right, meaning the water pump is providing enough pressure and flow, the water comes out of the pisser pleasantly warm to touch. I realize the water does not go all the way through the block before it exits the pisser.

In the example I gave, both F15's, the water was coming out (very little flow) of the pisser to hot to keep your hand under. Both had very little of the impeller left when water pump was disassembled. Both where triggering RPM reduction and red LED overheat light.

These engines have water cooled fuel pumps just before the pisser exit port.

Back to trying to help the OP out.
on my engine no lights to light up I can get my hands on the cooling outlet
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel92 View Post
so I would have to take the candles one by one, put them to the ground to see what works?
Yes take the candles out one by one and make sure they are firing. Also what do they look like? Are they black, sooty, oily...ect

Can you take a picture of the plugs all together and post here?
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 6 Days Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panasonic View Post
Yes take the candles out one by one and make sure they are firing. Also what do they look like? Are they black, sooty, oily...ect

Can you take a picture of the plugs all together and post here?
I will go to the boat and take apart the candles one by one take pictures and put them on the forum
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Outboard Parts

Other Forums
Mercury Parts
Suzuki Parts
Evinrude Parts
Johnson Parts
Honda Parts

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Outdoor Network LLC