Impeller Replacement - Yamaha T9.9 EXRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller Replacement - Yamaha T9.9 EXRX

Can anyone give me a brief description of the procedure for replacing the water pump impeller on my 1999 Yamaha T9.9? Also, when ordering the parts, do I need to order the complete waterpump repair kit or can I just get away with the impeller alone? Impeller has not been replaced since I bought motor new in 2000.

I have done the impellers on late 70's Evinrude/Johnson 9.9's so I feel I should be able to do my Yamaha if the procedure is similar.

You are better off getting a service manual but you remove the lower unit then you can service the water pump, you wont know what parts are needed until you get it apart.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Dave,
      Do what boats.net mechanic says and get yourself a Yamaha shop manual - go to www.yamahapubs.com and they will deliver to your door. Go to boats.net for your water pump kit - good service and parts at good prices.
      Be sure and use a quality thread sealer on bolt threads where indicated by the manual - I use Permatex 14A with Teflon. Also, follow torque specs - best to have a 3/8 drive quality torque wrench.
      While you have the prop off, inspect the lower unit seal for fishing line and/or leakage around the seal.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I bought a used Yamaha service manual on e-Bay for $25 so will wait until I get it to order parts.

Comment

Working...
        X