YAMAHA 50 TWO STOKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAMAHA 50 TWO STOKE

help has anyone noticed salt around cylinder head after a days boating I have noticed drain holes in moter cowl in this area and was wondering if this was where water might be seeping in from?my outboard is a 50 two stroke yamaha 2005 model

davids,
    It is normal to have a little corrosion/white powder buildup on the head gasket - my 2000 C115 has done it since brand new. For this, I just lightly spray the gasket with WD-40 and wipe down.
    On the other hand, you could possibly have a couple of loose head bolts - if there is any question, take it back to the dealer since it is under warranty and show them your problem - they may retorque the head bolts.
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

thanks ken for your advice I checked head bolt tension with dealer which they said was ok it looks to me that water is splashing in trhough drain holes in bottom of moter cowl dealer did not seemed to woried about salt and sugested same advise as you did with wd40 sray my last engine which was a 50 evirude did the same thing was hoping buying new yamy was going to get rid of this the evinrude had a split cowl and I thought this was the problem with water coming in I have noticed the 60 yammy does not have these drain holes does any one with a 60 yammy have tis problem?

Comment

Working...
      X