Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 con*****s /engaging drive

hi
    ive recently bought and installed a 15 hp yam (f15el 1997) using the 703 remotes.my idle speeds roughly 800rpm but i seem to have a "clunk " when i engage foward and also can hear the dogs "clicking "slightly on engaging reverse !(running in a bin !"
    so i'm wondering if this sounds like the start of a problem ? have i bought a dodgy engine ? or is this normal ? i used to have a 10 hp evinrude 2 stroke and this i dont think was as noisy !is there instruvtions availavle as to setting up these con*****s ? as i had to buy the cables seperate

Check the adjustment at the engine, set the control box and engine in nuetral and adjust the shift cable to line up. Check lower unit oil for metal, a large amount of metal means problems inside gear case.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the reply ,its ok going into foward ! but selecting reverse theres a problem , if i go into reverse and try put some power on the engine seems to kick up ,as tho its going in and out of gear, am i setting the cables wrong ??? i aint looked in the oil yet but will later today when we bring the boat out ! its a bank holiday weekend here in the uk8-)and its the first of the sunshine !

Comment

Working...
      X