88 Yami 200 oil switch main tank short?;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Yami 200 oil switch main tank short?;

Here's the problem. The engine kicks down to the misfire mode when the red or is it pink wire is hooked up,, but if i unplug it, the engine operates normally. I have disconnected the temperature switches temporarily to troubleshoot that oil switch. The tank is full, but the engine still kicks down when it is hooked up. Could it be the oil control unit? OR the float switch grounding out? thanks in advance, sam

sounds like the level sensor is bad, telling the system there low/no oil...pull the sensor out,hold it upside down,simulating full...any change?

Comment

Thank you JB. Yes, I did that as well and it does it still. I replaced the engtire engine harness (because I had an extra one) thinking it might be a bad connection as I noticed some corrosion on the old one. But same deal.

The switch works as it should to replace the low oil in the main tank, but I guess the low oil part of it is permanently grounded?. Okay so here is a question....
      Does the oil control box control the grounding of that wire. The reason I ask is if the switch IS working properly and it is open thru the switch, is it possible the oil "black box" is grounding that wire when it shouldnt? Which wires should be discontinuous when the switch is supposed to be open... the red and which one?
      Hope my question makes sense to someone. thanks again, sam

Comment

i think ham posted this a couple weeks back....

If you can feed oil into the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch (key must be ON...) then the problem is with the switch inside the engine's tank. If you can not fill the engine's tank using the emergency toggle switch then the problem is with the wiring harness or the remote tank's pump (rare).

Comment

Working...
        X