F115 rough idle and long warmup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 rough idle and long warmup

My 2001 F115 starts fine but it idles rough and takes a long time to warm up. It feels like a fuel problem. It hadn't been run in a year and had old gas in the tank when I got it-but it started and ran fine out of the water with no load. On the initial run it wouldn't shift w/o dying and when it finally did, It would'nt rev past 1500. Not wanting to cause further damage, I shut it down and pulled my boat out of the water. I thought it was bad fuel so I drained the tank, changed the fuel-water seperator and ran ring-free and injector cleaner as directed by the local dealer. The second try was the same as the first but I ran it longer hoping the additives would take effect. After about 10 min the engine ran up from 1200 to 2200RPM, got on the step, and aside from the occasional lag/surge ran fine up to 4800RPM. I thought the problem was solved but it I seem to have the same problem every trip. After ten trips the rough starts caused by bad fuel should have cleared up. I am starting to think ignition. Any suggestions??

It sounds like the fuel system needs to checked out and cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X